Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Revival

I have thought a lot over the years about the subject of revival. Some people in the church view it as nothing more that a series of services held in the church building that get the people all excited for a while. Others have simply given up on the idea all together. Still others run from place to place desperately searching for it. When I was showering this morning the Lord showed me a picture of a mighty rushing river and all sorts of life in and around the river. The Mississippi comes to mind with all of the towns and traffic it has. Then I saw barren rock up on the shore but occasionally the water would rise and shoot up through a hole in the rock, kind of like the blow holes on cliffs at the coast. People would run from hole to hole thirsty and waiting for the next burst of water. I felt that the Lord say, I am not here. I am in the river. I believe that the Lord does indeed pour out His Spirit in special ways in church services but true revival come in the river. The river is where the people are at. Its where the cities are at. Its on the streets. Am I claiming to have something perfected or completely figured out? Absolutely not! I am still seeking and striving to serve Him. Oh for the day when the Church in unity doesn't simply run to a revival but boldly proclaims with the authority of the Spirit we are bring revival to the people, to our city, to the streets. ~Pastor Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment