Tuesday, September 21, 2010

God cares about what we care about.

This past week has been bad. The oppression of the enemy has been weighing heavily upon me, and it's taken a lot of strength to get through. The Lord has more than gotten me through it, though.

The Lord has put one friend of mine (I'll name him Spencer) on my heart. This particular friend is agnostic lean athiest, and has been struggling with depression and oppression in his family. Because of parents and the fact that he lives far away, he's been put in solitude. He is a firm believer in tolerance, and doesn't like to discuss things that will cause a disagreement. I was always very careful when talking to him, because I knew that even the smallest thing could harden his heart towards the Lord.

The past few weeks, the Lord has opened some doors for me to witness to him. He asked me what I lived for the other day, and I obviously told him I lived for Jesus.

A while later, he was asking me what I thought about the existence of the soul and what it was, and we got into a conversation about our conscience. He was basically saying that right and wrong was relative based on your conscience. I explained to him my belief of moral absolutes, and he said that he thought I was right!

I've invited him to this Blitz, and he says that he's coming. I was really surprised that he agreed to come, but I'm thinking that the Lord put him in solitude for this very reason!

I'm praying and believing that the Lord is going to save him tomorrow night. I cannot wait!

I'm beginning to see the power of prayer more and more, and I can't tell you how many times prayer has shifted things in my life. I don't even have to put on the sackcloth and roll around in the dirt crying out, I can just say a few simple words, and if it's in line with His will, He will move heaven and earth to answer. I say all this to encourage us that God is hearing our prayers for Athens and He will bring revival in His timing. I can feel it brewing even now, and I believe that it's coming in the next few weeks. I realize that's daring of me, but I'm not claiming that it's necessarily a prophetic word, but I am saying that in faith that it will happen!

Come, Lord Jesus, come!

No comments:

Post a Comment